Ready for metal work

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ready for metal work

Ready for metal work

Well finally got the Max II frame ready for repairs. Apparently the previous owner had trouble disassembling some parts. Also please one of you experienced folks take a look at the rear sprocket teeth and tell me what I already suspect. It is toast? Thanks for all the help. I got #'s off the bearings, are these quality pieces or do i need to upgrade.
    Attached Images

Give us another picture of the sprocket from the side, so we can see the shape of the teeth.

These better?
    Attached Images

I'd go ahead and use them. I've seen a lot worse in use and although the teeth look a little imperfect, they don't look completely trashed...yet.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Thank you for the reply I'll use them

easy to replace now if you have the funds... just a thought. j.b

I ordered new ones, my thoughts exactly

Progress

Well, straightening and repairs completed. Now a little finish sanding, then off to work so my painter can lay down the POR 15 and bake it on. Next I've got a big ole box of goodies from Buffalo Bearings to install.
    Attached Images

That should hold up well.

Believe it or not the buddy that fixed this for me is Roy Hooser, he was lead technician on Bigfoot back when Bob Chandler owned the operation. He is in the Monster Truck Hall of Fame and was voted mechanic of the year several times. He also appeared on an episode of junkyard wars. I think she'll hold up fine.

+ Reply to Thread