New Max IV owner with a couple questions.... Help!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Max IV owner with a couple questions.... Help!

I am experiencng the same issue with my MaxIV and this is after the T-20 rebuild so I know its not an issue with any of the internals being damaged in the T-20. And its not the Latterals since I adjusted the plunger travel twice using the advise given here of measuring 5/16 movement, I believe its the belt tension. After a couple of try's moving forward and reverse ( which works fine as long as I dont try to turn) while attempting to turn I had my son watch the clutch belt. He noticed, when attemtping to turn the belt did not engage and instead was slipping. I am currently in the process of adding 2in rubber engine mounts replacing the 1in mounts which will tighten the belt to 1 3/4 travel.

I havent been able to complete the update, hopefully this weekend. this should fix the issue for me. Have you checked your belt tension?

Home and tried it again. I must have been letting off the held back one a little and not noticing it. Once I paid attention, I got it. Thanks for all the help guys! Two days in and I am in love with this thing already searching for another.

Yep! I found I feel like I am pulling back HARD to get mine to move reliably in reverse especially when trying to turn. I am sure it was just a case of getting used to working against the spring tension.

The spring tension is adjustable. You can loosen it a bit if needed.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by victoryanthems View Post
    Hey guys, new to the forum and a new 6X6 owner. Just picked up a well taken care of 2001 Max IV yesterday. I have a couple questions if anyone can help. On the key switch panel, I have an accessory power point (cigarette lighter) and also an accessory switch. The power point works whether the switch is on or not. What does the switch do? Also, I got out on it this morning to learn to drive it trying to remember the quick tutorial the previous owner gave me. I got forward down but am having trouble in reverse. I can't seem to make it turn in reverse? Is is not supposed to? Since you have to pull back in reverse, I assumed that the operation was completely reversed and I could just push one side forward to turn. When I do that though it just wants to stop. Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong or is there another problem?
    The switch is for the heated throttle cable.

+ Reply to Thread