Max ll Predator 22hp transplant

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Max ll Predator 22hp transplant

Max ll Predator 22hp transplant

I couldn't resist buying the HF Predator 22hp engine with a 25% off coupon. The Kaw 440 2 stroke is fast but not ideal for my uses and the 28hp air cooled turbo diesel would break parts. So far so good...its quiet, fuel efficient, strong and torquey.
    Attached Images

Also prepping the flywheel for 1 wire alternator and made a heat shield for exhaust pipe.

Whats the yellow canister for? I see you moved the breather like we did.

Kinda looks like a catch can to me. good idea!!!

a catch can from an old project

Here's a better pic of the can
    Attached Images

That H.F. 22hp engine should make a Max2 fly. Neat installation as well. Great job.

What does the catch can catch? Fuel/water separator? Small fuel reservoir for those steep inclines when your fuel tank is low?

Is the breather hooked to it? Those engines like to self level the oil like Harley's. That will work great if thats what that is for.

How did you manage that? All my 25% off coupons specifically say "Not valid on Predator, Badlands, jacks, storage cabinets, compressors, etc. etc." The computer at the store won't even accept them. Best I was able to do was the $599 coupon in the July catalog.

+ Reply to Thread