What to look for in a Max

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What to look for in a Max

What to look for in a Max

Hi guys. I am hoping to begin my Max search in the near future. I am kind of right in the middle between a Max IV or Max II so I am going look at both. I have a budget and pricing for used ones are all over the place but thinking the newer, the better. What do I need to look for in both? What are common problem areas etc? Are all the available engines ok, are there some that have definite issues? Thanks in advance.

hey friend, one thing to consider is are you going to be carrying passengers alot.( kids, etc. ) if so you may want the max 4. the max 2 is maybe a little smaller and nimbler. i think for a max 2 a 16 h.p. on up briggs or kohler are good. max 4 seems like a 16 h.p. on up is fine. as you may have seen on this site, when you are checking a machine out does it look taken care of ? axles bent, chains all rusted, body damage, etc. and depends on how much work you are willing to do on it and how much money you can spend on parts and repairs. there are good deals on this site from time to time from well known members. take your time and good luck. j.b.

As johnboy said look it over good when I bought mine (94 Max IV) I thought I looked it over pretty good when I got it home and took the floor out to inspect well you get the picture. I am a big person 6'-3' 310 pounds so I opted for the max IV. If you look at a machine and have questions there is a lot of good help on here all you have to do is ask.
    GOOD LUCK!
    Dave

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Thanks for the great advice!

+ Reply to Thread