16 hp Briggs power

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 16 hp Briggs power

16 hp Briggs power

I just got a max 4. 16 hp Briggs. 12 inch wheels. New belt. Now the problem. The motor pulls down when it is in mud or turning. It will pull out but I was expecting more power. Is this normal. Video on utube shows them blasting through the mud. Do I need a bigger engine? I read the specs and it shows 8 inch wheels are stock. Is the large tires the problem? Am I spoiled to power of my motocross bike that has to much power ? It's not to much fun as it is. Seems very under powered.

16HP is Small for a Max 4 with 12" wheels and tires. Thy use up a lot of Torque !
    But also look at your clutches and see if there working rite ?
    Just a second thought ??

12'' wheels with what size tires ? johnboy

26-12-12

Wedge makes a good point about checking your clutches to make sure they are engaging properly but with 26x12 tires, they will rob a good bit of power even when the CVTs are working properly. The 16HP is underpowered for those in thick mud. What brand tires are they?

This is my first cvt setup. What am I looking for? I understand how they work together but not sure what or how to tell if they are working properly. All I see is in neutral , as rpm goes up, the belt moves up.

You got it. It's not any more difficult than that. Make sure that the belt rides up to the top when revving the motor in neutral. Make sure that the belt isn't too loose.

When you are bogging down, make sure that you have both sticks pressed forward and driving and try not to brake or user neutral except when necessary. That can help some as well. When you are turning, if you get a little forward momentum before you turn, you should be able to lock up that side more quickly and make a turn without losing as much power. Maybe give yourself some time to figure out what kind of turning works best under different conditions.

+ Reply to Thread