Anyone ever heard of a Drago 2?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone ever heard of a Drago 2?

I looked for the thread and the pictures showing how some people have installed the 2 bolt cast flanges for the inner bearing to no success, if you look though the Max gallery you will find them.

Basically the left side is straight forward just bolting the flanges to the frame rail, the right side is a tad more complex as the c-channel faces the wrong way requiring mounting tabs welded in.

A more intense installation was done by Jerseybigfoot who also converted to newer style splined axles and sprockets.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by hwally View Post
    I haven't figured out how to post multiple photos in one post. I tried copying multiple urls but only the last one shows up when I paste.
    Keep two windows open. One for the post and the other to browse your photos. Copy one URL from the photo and paste it into your post. Don't hit reply yet. Now go back to your photos and copy the next photo. Paste it into your post. You can do that as many times as you like. Then when you are done, post your reply.

Thanks for posting the photos. I love seeing unique machines like this.

Also, I wouldn't paint it if I were you. Paint doesn't hold up on HDPE and it will crack and flake off, even if you use plastic paint. Instead, you can use a heat gun to bring the body back to life. There is a video in the how-to section on the front page of this site showing you how if you are interested. I look forward to watching this Drago 2 come back to life.

Thanks for your kind words and patience Mike. I'll try it again. I got the frame stripped of all the rust and loose paint. I prepped it and then painted it with good old fashioned red lead paint, like they used on world war 2 battleships. They still sell it down here. My next step will be ordering the bearings and flanges. While I'm waiting for those I'll start assembling what I can. Thanks for the advice on the paint. I need to seal a few bolt holes in the lower body and seal off the old, over the rear tire muffler hole. Seems like a bad place to put a muffler. I also have a few cracks to repair on the body I'll need to study up on that.

Thanks ARGOJIM for taking the time to answer my post. I'm a pretty good fabricator so I'll enjoy the challenge of mounting the inner bearing flanges. I'm still researching bearings and flanges. It's going to cost a bit to have them shipped down here.

So this had bothered me as I'd seen the lower before, kinda figured jpswift would have chimed in but guess he is busy with the new residence. I found this last week.

Looks like the lower is Max from the pre Wallach's days of Max. Very early version, slightly modified mold.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    So this had bothered me as I'd seen the lower before, kinda figured jpswift would have chimed in but guess he is busy with the new residence. I found this last week.

Looks like the lower is Max from the pre Wallach's days of Max. Very early version, slightly modified mold.
    Very good detective work there Jim! Round headlights in a squared molding, made some of us assume it was newer. If the machine wasn't in Mexico ,we would be saying best to replace the hollow axles.

Very nice! I'm glad you found that.

Did RI makes the Drago II for the Mexican market?
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Thanks for the great detective work Jim. You must have a great library of old 6X6's. The Drago is a 2001 but most of the stuff on it is from older machines. It doesn't have O-ring chains. The axles are hollow. The motor is an 18 horse Briggs. The axles are 4 lug. I think what they did was assemble this machine with parts made by other companies. It would be interesting to find out where they got the body.

+ Reply to Thread