fluid film...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fluid film...

fluid film...

Well, my father-in-law gave me a couple cans of Fluid Film to try out on the farm. He said he'd heard lots of good stuff about its use for many different applications.

Now, i've tried it for several jobs around the house (great for choke tubes on my shotguns) and now on the Max IV. I had a throttle cable that was completely stuck. I thought, what could it hurt. Took the cable off, sprayed liberal amounts to both ends and gave it 5 minutes. Then, I began pulling on either end with a pair of pliers. To my amazement, the sucker began moving. Ever so slightly, but within 5 more minutes, it was moving enough that I now know I won't be needing a new one.

This, along with other posts I've read about using as a polish/protectant on the body, helping to loosen stuck bolts, and a general lubricant, has sold me on it. I will be adding it to the toolbox I'm assembling for the Max.

Oh, and no, I'm not a Fluid Film employee! haha. Just a simple music teacher.
    Immature. A word used by boring people to describe fun people.

I had never heard of fluid film before. Just checked it out online: Fluid FilmĀ® | Corrosion Preventative, Lubricant and Rust Inhibitor Seems like it could come in handy.

I always got a can or two of the stuff on hand, like you said it's a real good all around lubricant. I've even used it on drive chains in a pinch when there was no chain spray available!! I'm gone offshore now for 5 weeks and thats whats on my argo's chains now to protect them while i'm away.

I haven't heard of it either. Sounds like goos lube to have. I hope it don't smell like WD40. I hate the smell of it.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

My father used that stuff for as long as I remember. I remember the smell of it, couldn't stand it. Seemed to work good for him. Being that I have to try to be different than him I like kano kroil for my penetrating oil type needs. Also smells like hell.

I got into using Fluid Film about 2 years ago and now use it at the farm on anything I don't want to rust. Plow surfaces, disk, we even undercoat our trucks with it before winter. Great stuff. Lasts about one year before you have to spray it on again. I buy gallon cans and use their sprayer to apply it. I have not tried it on the Max IV throttle cable figuring it would freeze up.

+ Reply to Thread