Max Buffalo with no power

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Max Buffalo with no power

If it will back up and turn properly it's not the transmission. Stick movement on buff trk should be 6.5-7 inches measured at top of sticks. Does the belt sit flush with the outside of the driven pulley? If it sits 1/8 " down it's shot. I just got some buff belts from The vbelt guys on line. Haven't installed yet but they measure correct.

Deffinately seems belt or rpm related provided you are pushing the sticks forward. But I did not re read the thread.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

I'd put my money on a loose belt. A quick test you could do is loosen the motor mounts, pull the engine back a hair, tighten it back down so you belt is decently tight. You don't want it tight tight, because it will drive at idle.

If your engine seems to run good that would be the first thing I'd check. If it's not that, your t20 may have gear lube in it and no bands left. The benefit to that is you'll have a shiny new rebuild by the time your done.

Getting back to my similar issue....lack of power...would not climb hills....I finally did the belt tightening trick, and what a difference. I can now climb a 30 degree or better hill with two full sized adults in the MAX II. I plan on doing one more minor tightening as I feel I might get just a bit more before it is too tight. While the cleaner gas system, and clean carb worked wonders on the engine running reliability, the belt was the trick for hills.

I snuged up the belt and that seemed to solve the problem. Hard to test in my yard but it will move the truck with the breaks on. It was the only way I could think of to put a load similar to climbing on the truck in the yard. Could max make the flex mount harder to get to? It was buried deep in there.

+ Reply to Thread