Aftermarket sprockets?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aftermarket sprockets?

Aftermarket sprockets?

Is there anyone who makes aftermarket sprockets?
    I'm working on changing bearings, back left is stuck on pretty good.
    Tried heating, twisting, pounding, only option left is CUTTING. D:

My sprockets look good and they are like $80 a piece so cutting I hope is not an option.
    It's a 94 max, non-splined(shear bolt) type. It's midnight,

But as Mike knows, my goal is to change bearings and chains, make some brackets for a plow, but mount a homemade snowblower with an independent engine.
    So the bearings and chains are my first priority before siliconing the upper body down.

Usually cut the axles on either side of sprocket tube and then try to press out. Sometimes they have spun on the axle and have stuck beyond remmoval. If it's a max 4 installing spline axles in the rear is a very good upgrade. Changing a broken through bolt with the engine in is a PITA. Good luck with the project.

If the rest of the machine is together, remove the bolt and spray liberally with pbblaster, next try to take for a non casual ride and see if it breaks free.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

punch in roller chain sprockets on the web. lot's of co.s carry them. you can't beat mcmaster carr. j.b.

I managed to break free 5 of them, so the last on I'm gonna leave the pin out and run it. If it breaks free, yay.

I'm taking a log ofLl the sprocket dimensions so I can hopefully fab up some new ones. I'm gonna try to save the slimed axle upgrade for later, because all my shear bolts are pretty tight inthe hole. No slop yet. Do these axles bend easier than splined versions?

+ Reply to Thread