max IV tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: max IV tracks

I was out in chest deep snow last year with my Max IV on rubber tracks, no issues at all, just take it slow and no sharp turns. If it does start digging a hole, just roll backwards and forwards a few times to pack down the snow so you can take another run. During one ride on a frozen lake my buddy in a 1000CC Canam took off down a frozen creek, this creek is spring fed and ends in a spruce bog with no exit. My friend did well driving the length of the creek at 50-60km/h, when he reached the end with no exit he let off the gas and the quad fell into the swamp. I rode up beside him in the Max and as soon as I stepped out it was like msafi65 described, I sunk right down to the bottom looking at the top of my track. Without the Max that Canam would still be there lol.

Can you help me with contact information for the Channel Tacks? I think they are out of Canada? Can't find a good link or website. I have a 93 Max II, Thx Mike

I love the chanels too. That Max VI looks great and must goes really well in the deep stuff (snow or mud).
    Quote Originally Posted by ecrugby6 View Post
    We like channel tracks

Quote Originally Posted by mhinton5868 View Post
    Can you help me with contact information for the Channel Tacks? I think they are out of Canada? Can't find a good link or website. I have a 93 Max II, Thx Mike
    you could try patenteux at 819-449 8041 or cell813 334 2903. I see the number at the end of one of his videos. let us know the price if you talk to him

Quote Originally Posted by msafi65 View Post
    In a max 4 with rubber tracks I stepped out once and went down to where I was looking right at the lug nuts. Our snow is usually very soft and dosent pack well. Rubber tracks are absoutly the best in out type of snow. You have to remember these vehicles don't climb like a snowmobile. They don't have the capability to drive the track 100 mph to climb. I usually have to pack a track up a hill with several short runs being carefull not to spin out. If your in brush it has better traction than just snow. With tires im lucky to travel the full length of my vehicle in snow over 12" deep.
    Are you running waffle tracks or ripsaw style tracks?

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

i just emailed him, I sent him a message through kijiji which is a Canadian site, took me a little while to get to his page, he responded the same day through that site so i dont have his actual email. his price for a MAX II with 22 inch rawhide tires is 1900 Canadian which i think is an awesome price. 1450.00 USD plus shipping

mailto:s.8qcdgf5gwxx0@rts.kijiji.ca. this is the link to the email that he responded to

larry

great price... did he say if you have to use wheel exstensions with those tires ? johnboy

on a max II you're going to want 2 - 2.5" spacers (or offset wheels) if you want the appropriate safety clearance. I also strongly believe that an overlap hinge (with vertical through bolts through 2 layers) is far superior to a metal hinge both for reliability (never coming loose) and "rubbing" of both the hinge-pin bolt head and threads on the tire sidewall and also the machine tub/skid-plate. If you use a proper overlap, it is impossible to experience either one of these things.
    Here's a picture with 2.5" spacers on a max II
    A max IV with a 2.5" spacer can run a wider grouser body (2 bolts) on the inside and a 1" wider belt.
    You can make the grouser very narrow and use a narrow belt (and use no wheel spacers) on a max IV, and also an Argo with 10" wide tires, but I really don't think you could/should on a Max 2. I don't like how the lower tub angles out from the skid-plate upward, giving less clearance than your eyes would initially lead you to believe by looking at the bottom corner of the skid plate.
    Happy Thanksgiving to All!
    Attached Images

i notice in the picture buzz there is only one bolt thru the belting and the grouser. what keeps the track from racking , just the tightness of the bolts ? usually it takes 2 on each side to prevent that does'nt it ?

we paid about $1500 for a set of tracks for out max IV
    I have his email and phone if anyone needs it but it is also listed in a forum here as well. I will get some videos up on youtube soon but these tracks at up the swamp and mud. I have never been more impressed with something. We never once got even remotely close to getting stuck and we went through some crazy slop that has no bottom

+ Reply to Thread