Ok guys I need a little more guidance

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ok guys I need a little more guidance

Ok guys I need a little more guidance

This weekend I should be ready to install throttle and choke cables, fuel line, and wiring.
    I am looking hopefully for photos of typical routing.

My older Max II wiring was a nightmare, two sets of accessory lights, a bilge pump, a winch, and a 2nd battery, wires were everywhere. Whoever wired it believed in heavy doses of twist locks and electrical tape. If wires were too long they were doubled, tripled or more over then zip tied and taped, choke cable was gone, and fuel tank was a plastic auxiliary boat tank sitting on engine cover so fuel line was ran through upper body vent slots.

The newer Max II has the proper fuel tank but had no wiring, cables or lines on it when I got it. I've put too much effort into this build to not have things right, clean and neat.
    Any help greatly appreciated.

Check out Mudd-Ox's site and look at their detailed photos. That's usually what I do when looking for routing. Just realize that older machines may vary slightly. Also, look in the gallery in the Max section. There are a good bit of photos there as well.

Thanks Mike, I'll check out the Mudd Ox site, I have been scouring the Max gallery here ( if you can call our painfully slow ISP out here in the sticks scouring ) but have yet to find the details I'm looking for

The main harness goes along the left side and sits in the small recess in the tub so upper body dosent pinch it. Newer throttle cable routing is down the right stick and back up the left inside of the battery box to top of the engine. Choke is mounted in the upper body and sits in the back left corner of the tub. Leave plenty of cable to open the body and clear the prop rod hoop. I dont have a newer 2 here right now to get pics. Hope this helps a bit

Thank you very much that was what I was after

Yet another question

Any ideas what this bracket in rear of lower tub is for? I'm stymied.
    Attached Images

That is an Extra belt clip. It is so you can keep an extra torque converter belt on hand if you need it .

That makes sense, thank you very much.

Hello LW1911, have you gotten around to installing the torque converter belt? I'm wondering how to set the tension.

I just found a thread on here in Max section, I'll see if I can find it for you

+ Reply to Thread