how much grease for axle bearings.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how much grease for axle bearings.

how much grease for axle bearings.

I just installed all new bearings and wondered how much grease to use for each bearing? I've read a few things about problems getting grease to the bearings. Any tips?

I pump them till it comes out around the flange.

Quote Originally Posted by wedge View Post
    I pump them till it comes out around the flange.
    I do the same thing but I try to do it with all the tires off and my Max on stands. I let the drivetrain roll while I grease it, this ensures the grease is well distributed within the bearing. The rear axle sprokets and inner bearings are the only ones I do with the engine off and just roll the axle with a prybar in the wheel studs.

I've read that you need to take care not to push grease past the seals.

Load the bearings with grease before you install them. Use a needle style fitting on your gun and fill em up through the little hole.

We squirt grease in the zerks until a bit comes out the flanges. I find it differcult to believe much grease gets in that tiny hole. Most will come out the flanges first (path of least resistance). Its worth it though. Greasing before installing is a good thing.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

+ Reply to Thread