Need to move steering arms to one side.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need to move steering arms to one side.

Need to move steering arms to one side.

I'd like to move the steering arms off to one side to make room for my wife to ride with me. As it is right now I'd be sitting right in the middle to steer with not to much room on either side for her. Has any one done such a modification? It looks like it could be done by cutting the tubing and welding in some curved pieces. Any suggestions.

There are a few people who have done this on the forum. If you search using the term "laterals", that should provide you with some details. Here is the first thread that popped up in a search I did showing a Max IV with a similar modification.

A really easy mod, and one that ought to come as an accessory from the factory, is to add a handle, at the top of the left lateral, and going out to the left. This handle can be about ten inches long, give or take. This way the driver can sit on the left side, with their right hand on the throttle, the left hand out on the added handle. Its comfortable to steer with.
    Mine is made out of galvanized black iron pipe. The handle assembly is welded together, then inserted over the lateral and bolted on. The rubber grip is removed first.
    Yes. Those are indeed flowers decorating my Max. I was the limo driver for my daughter's prom.
    Last edited by Rusty-Gunn; 10-13-2016 at 02:13 PM.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Thanks a lot Mike. You're always so helpful

+ Reply to Thread