Secondary/relocation battery mod

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Secondary/relocation battery mod

Secondary/relocation battery mod

I'm pretty proud of this lol
    So I had a spare lawnmower battery, so consider this a prototype mod. But this, and replacing my ground straps with 1 gauge cable fixed my intermittent "click but no spin" problem. Now it hits every time.

I wanted a 2ndary battery to help power the winch for plowing snow. They are grounded to eachother through the frame, I also welded my ground cabled to the frame.
    If you do this mod, I definantly suggest grinding the metal super clean with a flap wheel, bolting your ground in, then paining with rustolium to prevent ground issues.
    The battery box is made for a car battery, so no reason you couldn't extend your wiring and make this a primary and delete your old one, use the space for the old one for a tool box or something.

3 straps holding the box down total, one elbow welded to the frame on the bottom, one elbow to the body, and the strap along the top. Dip your bolts in silicone to prevent leaks.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Bump.. No comments? Do's or don'ts?

Rabbit929: Thanks. I was toying with the idea of a heavy duty deep cycle for my MAX II but someone else mentioned using a remote battery. Your thread and photos have me now leaning to a remote larger car size deep cycle battery. Thanks for the pics!

I was hoping someone would find it useful! Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread