Max iv diesel swap

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Max iv diesel swap

Quote Originally Posted by miller_time View Post
    Yes the vendetta look to be a good tire but the price tag sent me onto the vampires for about 1/3 of the cost. Not so sure how well they will skid we will see. The weight is also a bit concerning.planning on turning this motor up a little. hopefully it will be enough to run these tires. May be a good excuse for a turbo!
    Yes, they are extremely expensive tires, out of my price range too. When I first called to get a price I was emailed a quote, it was exactly $2957.58 for 6 tires mounted on rims including shipping, that works out to almost $4000 Canadian lol. I was lucky and found a barely used(like brand new) set from a 6x6World member for an amazing price. I jumped on them and drove a 1000 mile round trip to go pick them up lol. I'm sure your oil burner will have no issue turning those tires and nobody needs an excuse for a turbo!

COOL STUFF. Looks like fun

Little more done this weekend. Its coming along pretty good.
    Attached Images

I bet you find though perhaps a tad slower far more versatile and usable machine.

Are you doing the T20 shifter mod to counter rotate too ...its worth its weight in gold being able too
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    Soon to add on a ... RHB31 Turbo..guess that would make it a
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?
    94 F350 4x4 7.3 IDI ZF 5sp
    90 Bronco..awaiting a rebuild like no other = Tons and turbo diesel

Okanagan Similkameen BC Canada
    Al "Camo pants"

Yes i am doing the shifter mod while i am at it. These little diesels actually turn 3600 rpm so it would have the same speed as the briggs it replaced. But i changed the gearing for more torque so i will loose some top speed. I may turn it up to 4000 or 4200 rpm and see what happens. Most likely have to advance the timing a bit and definitely add more fuel.

max iv diesel swap

You are doing a really nice job Mr Miller. Diesel power,t-20 up ahead on the floor, and I am so glad to see your excellent version of overhead bracing to add to the stock style of on the bottom T-20 mounting. Will look forward to the first balls out field test. good luck and best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by philipatmaxfour View Post
    You are doing a really nice job Mr Miller. Diesel power,t-20 up ahead on the floor, and I am so glad to see your excellent version of overhead bracing to add to the stock style of on the bottom T-20 mounting. Will look forward to the first balls out field test. good luck and best wishes.
    Thanks i am looking forward to testing this thing out also. Should be alot different than the last time i drove it. Its coming along a little faster than i expected but thats a good thing.

Got 1 of the vampires mounted. Looks like i need to extend the axles about 2" to clear my clutch.
    Attached Images

I had to run spacers to get my Vampire ASX tires to clear the tub. That could be an option for you as well.

Thought about spacers but i have the old hollow axles and a bunch of 1 7/16 ground bar stock laying around. so i figure i may as well upgrade the axles while its apart and add the 2" to the axle. I got a real good deal on all the hardened sprockets so i am just going to key the axles.i think thats how mudd ox does it so it should be ok. Thanks for the input though

+ Reply to Thread