Max iv diesel swap

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Max iv diesel swap

MaxIV diesel swap

[QUOTE=Noel Woods;210754]Looking good.[/QUOTE

Yes the axles look great too, love the gussets

Some more done the last few days. Fuel pump/filter mounted. Shutoff solenoid/throttle cable bracket done and put a vent hole in the side for the fan to blow out of.
    Attached Images

Got busy with work and family stuff. Finally back on the max. Got the transmission rebuilt and back together. Got a good start on the wiring but still have a ways to go on that. Gives me a headache just looking at it. Installed the temp gauge and more switches. Not real happy with the layout.i used the existing holes then tried to add a few in between but the original holes just weren't aligned well enough to make it look nice. I may make an aluminum panel so i can lay it out better. Hopefully i can have this thing going for ashtabula.
    Attached Images

I think you are doing a great job! I know what you mean about " not real happy" you got get it to suit you. Good Luck!

Still trying to make pine lake. Its going to be close after several recent setbacks. If i make it i doubt it will be %100 done. Just going to get it rideable and finish the details later.

Quote Originally Posted by miller_time View Post
    Still trying to make pine lake. Its going to be close after several recent setbacks. If i make it i doubt it will be %100 done. Just going to get it rideable and finish the details later.
    That's exactly what I'm doin. Not done but rideable. Prolly find the weak links!!

20170608_113204.jpg
    Current stage of the engine. Only 7 days to go.
    Yup dave probably right. Definitely find the week links!

Engine and tranny back in! Wiring 3/4 done! Going to try and take it for a test run tomorrow evening!

Somehow i managed to make it to ashtabula. Although didn't get to spend as much time there as i would have liked. Mostly due to me not finishing the machine enough to run till Saturday afternoon. The diesel ran great although a little noisier than i expected. I got used to it after a bit. Few minor bugs to work out but super happy with how it turned out.

I thought I heard that on the night ride.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread