Max iv diesel swap

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Max iv diesel swap

Max iv diesel swap

Picked up the engine for the diesel swap last nightime. It's a kubota d722. I will be putting it in my max iv. I am going to put the transmission under the seat in order to make room for the diesel and keep the cog as low as I can. This is my winter project so updates will be slow. Here is a pic of the engine.
    Attached Images

Cool. I hope it works out well. Interesting stuff.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

Well I managed to get some free time and the weather has been great the last couple days. So I got a good jump on the max project. Got it mocked up let me know what you guys think. Good or bad I would like to hear it.
    Attached Images

I look forward to watching your progress. Keep us updated. For your clutches, how close are they looking like they will line up?

Clutches look like they will line up well. Planning on using a reverse wound secondary so that I don't have to remold the tub. I am going to try to machine my stub shaft down this weekend. It is 1 1/8 my clutch is 1" so I havn't been able to install the primary clutch yet.

miller, it looks great ... what h.p. is the diesel ? johnboy va.

Thanks it is 20hp and 34 ft lbs of torque.

Cool
    Thanks
    Ty Turner

870-818-1315
    tyturnersoffroad@yahoo.com

JESUS ROCKS

A little more progress getting things ruffed in. I am going to run a polaris secondary which is 10 3/4 o.d. so i am going to have to pick the tranny up about an inch. I am also moving the tranny farther forward than i had planned. This is to shorten the drive chains a good bit. Downside to that is that it will take a pretty long belt. The engine cannot go forward anymore because off the backseat which i also moved 3" to the rear for more leg room. Battery will be off set to the right side of the machine. After going to my steel source i have decide this beast is going to be equipped with some massive 1 7/16 axles. Planning on finishing the motor mounts on monday i have some machining to do on them.
    Attached Images

Quick update got the transmission mounted and split shifters fabbed up. Waiting on heim joints to make the linkages. Also waiting on the adapter to mount the team clutch to the kubota flywheel. Couple pics for you guys.
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread