red spring

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: red spring

red spring

What will the red clutch spring get me with the max IV? I believe I have a green spring now.
    THANKS, Dave

Stays in the lower range gear longer until R.P.Ms overcome the clutch then it upshifts

As WFO says, gives the Max more low end power. Top speed can go down a few MPH though.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

shouldn't affect the top speed as the sheave diameters are the same.
    Acta non verba

Do it. It is IMO one of the cheapest most beneficial things you can do. Even more so if your running large tires on a smaller engine. We run a red spring on every T20 we own.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseybigfoot View Post
    shouldn't affect the top speed as the sheave diameters are the same.
    I stand corrected. I read here that the red spring reduces the speed a small amount, so figured I'd pass it along.
    My Max IV, bought used, had a red spring. Now it's got a blue one (I think). I have no idea as to the top speed of either, never been full throttle yet, so I am unable to verify.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

THANKS Guys I have one that came with mine I think I going to put it in and try it.
    Dave

Ok now where do I find a red spring? Anyone have a part #.

You can try max parts but I don't if if they have it you can also try Richards Relics

+ Reply to Thread