axle/sprocket bolts

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: axle/sprocket bolts

Good deal. Yeah make sure there is NO wobble between the axle and stub shaft. If there is any, the egging out begins. Pita to fix. Make sure threads extend out from hole, cut off excess if necessary. Nylock nuts work best.

axle/sprocket bolts

Quote Originally Posted by dgeiman View Post
    The sprockets and axles are brand new maybe 10 hours on them none of the holes have egged. The axles and sprockets came with 3/8" holes in them. I spoke with the lady at Max parts she did some checking and told me the original factory bolts were 3/8" diameter and said they recommend grade #8 to get them at NAPA. I am going to change them to grade 8 first stay with the 3/8" diameter and get the longer shank if they still break then I will drill them out and use 7/16" diameter grade 8. should I use flat washers on ethier side of the bolt ? What are AN bolts ?
    THANKS for all your help.
    Dave
    glad to hear that you have solved the problem. did you find out what AN bolts are.?

+ Reply to Thread