Max ii 1996 14hp briggs ground strap location?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max ii 1996 14hp briggs ground strap location?

Max ii 1996 14hp briggs ground strap location?

I am puttting back together my 96 maxii and i need to know where the 2nd ground stap goes....i have the one from the battery to the frame....where does the 2nd one hookup too? Engine mount to ? Give me a shout..on hold till i get a good answer before i proceed. Thanks

I believe it just jumps from the engine mount to the frame. It bypasses the rubber isolators used for the motor mount.

Right rear engine mount.

Yup right rear engine mount to the frame. If you got a grinder and a welder, you can weld it to the frame, and just spot weld it on the engine mount like I did, (so if you gotta pull the motor you can just knock it off with a chisel)
    I had a lot of ground issues with mine, so I guess I kindof put a nail in that coffin.

+ Reply to Thread