Building a cloth top and storage for Max IV

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Building a cloth top and storage for Max IV

Building a cloth top and storage for Max IV

Haven't worked on the Max for a while, it's time to finish it up to take to the cabin this summer. I did get new 9" mudd-ox wheels and 25x12x9 argo tires. After watching Rock Doctor's videos I was sold. I did go up a size from to 24" he used, the ride is great and should swim good to.
    I put hinges on the front and rear seats and built the boxes to fit. The front box lifts up and out and the rear slides forward then up and out.

Just started working on the top, I needed something that go up and down easy and store in the Max with out being in the way. I tried backpacking tent poles and some other things but decided on just 1/2' emt. If it broke or got bent I could make another piece easy in the bush and any hardware store would have emt. I made up some pockets for the emt to mount to the body and bent a frame for the canvas.

I really like your under-seat storage. It looks like your top is going to be just as nice as well. I look forward to seeing it when it's done.

It's always so weird to see Argo tires on a Max, almost as weird as the reverse. Nothing wrong with it, just different lol

Thanks Mike. Got a little done on the top this weekend. Painted the tube and mounts, made a cardboard pattern for the front and back and cut the material and stitched it up.
    I'm waiting for a few parts to finish it up.

Looking good. What year is your Max by the way?

That does look good, I really like the top.

The top really looks good. It is really cool to see the ideas that the members come up with and then create.

That top is great looking, I like it alot...You should have made 2 or 3

Thanks again guys. Mike the max is a 2007.
    I sewed in a zipper for an engine cover. I'm going to build a rack over the engine cover. It will be flat without sides and sit close to the engine cover, the rain cover will go under it. I have some 3/4" thin wall chrome moly tube to make it with, maybe overkill because the rack would only be used for light stuff. Anyway untill I make the rack I can't finish the engine cover.
    I did get the rear window and the zippers to attach the side covers sewed in.

Started on the side curtains, they are zippered to the top and velcro down the sides. Waiting for the windshield material to get here, then I can
    secure the top to the body and finish the side curtains.

+ Reply to Thread