Max IV Mid Engine Conversion

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max IV Mid Engine Conversion

Max IV Mid Engine Conversion

Hey guys I'm back! Getting ready to begin a new project. I have acquired a Max IV and its missing seats motor mount floor pans ect. What an easy decision to do a single seat mid engine like mikes. I have some questions if anyone is interested in helping. One is the type of seat base to use and where to get it. Another is what type of engine to use ie h.p.? Anyway lets chat. glad to be back!!!!! I'm excited

You can use a seat base from a zero turn mower. Pictures of the one I used are in this thread: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...ne-max-iv.html For the engine, the more HP the better. What size tires will you be running and what kind of riding will you be doing?

While doing some chores around the home yesterday, it dawned on me that the stock Max4 set up is so unbalanced and awkward that it reminded me of a task I was doing. In removing leaves from my roof, I took a leaf blower up a ladder to the roof, and that heavy backpack blower on my back going up the tall ladder made me think "this is just like a Max4."

So the folks that have reconfigured their Max4s to either mid engine or at least lowered the engine platform to make it more like a Max2, are on to something.
    I still would prefer a set up with a new breed of engine, like a Polaris 570 EFI. That package with a new generation t20 would be a big hit.

The tires on it are fine I assume they are stock but the wheel diameter looks like the buffalo set up. Ill take some pics of the build. My oldest son (12) wants to tackle this together. What a great father son project. Its missing so many parts I decided to just copy you mike. As far as riding, just normal trail riding/hunting/maybe plow snow. I have it and its just setting there. We might as well put it together.

Your comments regarding balance are interesting,Noel. I feel similarly,and prefer the MAX II (along with some other rear engine designs versus a front engine arrangement.). I have noticed the slightly 'nose down' stance that many of the front engine designs have when swimming.....

i have a partial T20 that has be split. everything looks to be there but there is a reason the previous owner opened the seal. anyone know of anyone I can send it to to have it gone threw/ rebuilt? anyone have one I can buy that's ready. maybe trade with cash?

PM member Don.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread