Max II donuts

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Max II donuts

My plastic choke knob came off too. Seems one of the previous 3 owners hot glued it on to the cable. Here's the best solution I came up with; it cost nothing and has kept working for 6 months. I pushed the knob up the cable, and used a propane torch to heat the last 1/8". I then took a visegrip and bent the cable end to a 90* angle. Quickly pushed the knob onto the still hot cable and let it melt itself partway into the knob. Problem solved.

We've got a frozen lagoon here and I've been doing a lot of the same. Stupid kinds of fun! Just have to keep the trail to the lagoon used. More than about 10" of snow pack, and the Max becomes decorative. At some point, the tires stop touching the ground. I didn't want tracks in November, but now I guarantee I'll have them by next November.

This sounds like a good idea. To be clear on how you did this, did you push the cable all the way through the knob and then bend it and melt it in? When you say "I pushed the knob up the cable" did you actually pull the knob off, heat the cable, bend it and push the knob onto the hot 90* cable end? Sorry for my confusion, but I am going to try this and want to get it right. Thanks, Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    We've got a frozen lagoon here and I've been doing a lot of the same. Stupid kinds of fun! Just have to keep the trail to the lagoon used. More than about 10" of snow pack, and the Max becomes decorative. At some point, the tires stop touching the ground. I didn't want tracks in November, but now I guarantee I'll have them by next November.

I noticed in really deep snow banks it struggled a little. I think it was high centering. I can see where tracks would help. I would get tracks if we got more snow, but around here it is rare.

We get an average of 250 inches of snow a year here in Michigan along the Lake Superior shoreline. We've already had 140inches this year. Playing in the snow with your Max is a ball, especially with tracks. They are quite the little machine. Winter is the only time I drive mine. These ride too rough for my liking on bare ground, but the snow cushions the ride, especially with the tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by mjbuck View Post
    We get an average of 250 inches of snow a year here in Michigan along the Lake Superior shoreline. We've already had 140inches this year. Playing in the snow with your Max is a ball, especially with tracks. They are quite the little machine. Winter is the only time I drive mine. These ride too rough for my liking on bare ground, but the snow cushions the ride, especially with the tracks.
    I noticed how much smoother it was with snow on the ground. The difference between night and day actually. Super smooth in the snow. If we had as much snow as you get in Michigan, I would buy tracks.

+ Reply to Thread