Max II to Max IV

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max II to Max IV

Max II to Max IV

Will tires and track from a Max II fit a Max IV ?

No. Wheel base is Longer on the max IV

Quote Originally Posted by Moldman View Post
    Will tires and track from a Max II fit a Max IV ?
    Looking for a track and tire combo or looking to sell one? I'm going to be listing my factory Max IV track set soon. I want to try Channel Tracks with larger tires now.

looking to buy, have 26" tires on Max IV now.

Factory Max IV track use smaller tires .

I believe MAX requires 21" tires for factory tracks. The tires and wheels required may be the same for tracks, but the MAX II wheel base is 50" and the MAX IV wheel base is 58" requiring a longer track. See pages 54-55 of the operators manual.

It was a bit surprising to me that the manual does not show much difference in added weight, (1 pound), between the tracks for 50" wheel base and 58" wheel base. One would think the additional 8" would add considerably more weight. For example, 56 Tru Trax links are required for a MAX II and 62 links are required for a MAX IV. 6 links would certainly weigh more than 1 lb. I wonder if this might be a typo error in the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Moldman View Post
    looking to buy, have 26" tires on Max IV now.
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge View Post
    Factory Max IV track use smaller tires .
    Quote Originally Posted by hipowerone View Post
    I believe MAX requires 21" tires for factory tracks. The tires and wheels required may be the same for tracks, but the MAX II wheel base is 50" and the MAX IV wheel base is 58" requiring a longer track.
    Yes, to run the factory full rubber tracks on a Max IV you need 21" tires and wheel extensions.

+ Reply to Thread