Max II 22hp predator test run

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Max II 22hp predator test run

Max II 22hp predator test run

Just a short test run with the upper off.

6 weeks of mostly my son and his friends labor, 6 new tires, 1 new wheel, new chains, bearings, and oh yeah a new motor. I bought this new 20 years ago and it still brings a smile to my face.
    Last edited by Mike; 02-09-2017 at 08:26 PM. Reason: embedded video by using the full youtube.com URL and not the short youtu.be URL

Sounds pretty quiet. Stock Predator exhaust?

Seems to move quite nicely!

Yep, stock exhaust for now, thanks for the edit Mike. It accelerates hard now, I always felt the 14hp left a lot to be desired, but this seems nice. Trail riding this weekend. Going to try to make Busco one time this year, a new grandchild is probably going to interfere with April though.

Nice! Keep us updated. I need to find something to repower mine soon.

Awesome! That is my goal for my Max IV. I will be buggin you when I get going.

Feel free, it's a pretty easy changeover though from a vanguard. Slot out the engine mounts to get the right clutch alignment and mount it up. Exhaust was fabbed up with a 1.5 inch u-bend and then a 90 to go out the side. The governor was a distinct problem and was removed. Fab up a good linkage direct to the carb for good power. It scratchs off from a dead start on dry ground now. I am going to rejet the carb, it's very lean. Makes it cold natured to start. 2 extra sets of jets come with it to drill and play with. Also in wiring it in I removed the needle from the fuel shutoff solenoid as that is a common failure item and really not needed and cut out the low oil level sensor because I know how to check my oil and don't want it cutting out on hills. If anybody needs any pics or wiring diagram help just shout, happy to help.

I would like pics of exhaust and wiring please.I'm doin this conversion on an attex right now myself and any ideas are very welcome!!
    Thanks
    Dave Phelps

I also did the same motor swap. How did you remove the governor? Some pictures would be nice.

Pics will have to wait until next weekend, but I will certainly post some. Also the predator wiring diagram.

+ Reply to Thread