1998 Max II owner looking at buying an older Max II project needs help

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1998 Max II owner looking at buying an older Max II project needs help

1998 Max II owner looking at buying an older Max II project needs help

I was looking for some help from you guys. I checked out a craigslist ad for an argo project for $300. When I get there it looks just like my Max II. Major differences are a 2 stroke motor, fiberglass body in bad shape, and little 3 bolt hubs. All drive train seems ok but upper body is so bad I couldn't find any serial or model numbers. Is this a Max II? What approximate year is it? And is it worth $300?

Ill appreciate any help into this.

I also don't know much about the original tires on these old maxes. I've heard about "balloon tires" like I see on argos. I think this had them with tiny 3 bolt hubs. Are these stock?

Best if you could get some pic's of it. That way we can see what your looking at.
    The price doesn't sound bad but then again I am not looking it over ?
    You should fill in your Profile so we know where your at That way someone on here may be close enough to look at it with you ?

Good point, I filled in my profile. I am picking it up Saturday morning for $200. For that price if it's in too bad of shape I can always use for parts or make something with it. Thanks

It should be worth that in parts alone.

Here's the craigslist ad.... It does look to be a Max II.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/a...996676337.html

Definitely an early MAxII

Yep that's the one. It's loaded up and he's delivering it tonight I guess. So how early a Max is it? Early 70s?

Since the fiberglass body is junk and I noticed the tub is full of holes and cracks I was thinking of just using the frame and drivetrain and making a 6 wheeled non amphibious atv. Has anyone ever done anything like this? I assume also the tub helped strengthen the frame from twisting and bending. Any input or opinions would be helpful. Otherwise Ill just be selling off whatever parts I can.

Nobody has any input on this?

+ Reply to Thread