Buying a 97 max IV - what should I know

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Buying a 97 max IV - what should I know

Well the deal is on ice for now. Both parties still committed, but the max owner has to get his paperwork in order. He bought it and didn't have the title put in his name, and so did the guy he bought it from, and the guy he bought it from. Now he has an application for a new title, and has to take the machine to the police so they can run the serial numbers and verify that it is not stolen. After they clear it he can be issued a title, and then sell it to me, and I can title it and plate it. Jeebus.

WOW!

Going to pick it up on Saturday. Old fella has it in his name now, and is ready to trade for my 2006 Honda 350 4x4. Will report once I pick it up - he's already told me it has no parking brakes lol. Anyway, some pics from the ad:

Im pretty sure the rollbar / cage is homefab, and the plow he said is anchored to the cage. Cage is probably going to come off - looks heavy.
    Last edited by cabinfevrr; 03-02-2017 at 03:27 PM.

You are correct about the cage not being stock. That plow also appears to be aftermarket / homemade. Just double check how it ties back into the machine to make sure they didn't hack anything up to attach it. If not, you can pull all of that off and be in business!

+ Reply to Thread