Max Noob - Nova Scotia

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Max Noob - Nova Scotia

my wife calls mine the money pit. and says you should act your age I tell her I have never been this age before so how should I know how to act my age. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dgeiman View Post
    my wife calls mine the money pit. and says you should act your age I tell her I have never been this age before so how should I know how to act my age. LOL
    I've always said, I'll grow old, but I refuse to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by cabinfevrr View Post
    They were all sitting over 25psi. No wonder!
    Holy cow, I think the sidewalls say maximum inflation to seat beads is something like 22-25psi. That one picture of the machine on the trailer makes it look like you have two 26x12-12 and one 29x-12-12. The Goodyears are a fairly soft ride compared to other big lug 26" tires. I typically don't run any more than 1psi in the Titans. They have an iron sidewall and are a miserable ride on hard terrain.

These are Carlisle tru power 4ply 26x12-12, and on the sidewall it says max pressure 20psi.They're pretty cracked and hard like they're 20 years old, but seem to hold air.

Was looking at tires online, and I can get 6 ITP mud lites delivered for $74 each. One of the reviews was from an Argo user and they said they don't swim very well, but otherwise perform better than runamucks.

I don't imagine my machine will swim much - this province is pretty tree hugger, and it's about a $500 fine for driving "any place a fish could lay an egg"...so crossing creeks is technically illegal. Was looking at officially registering it as a pleasurecraft boat as well, so I could say I wasn't driving, I was boating when I went across the river...but I can't afford the lawyer to fight the inevitable fine and probable seizure of my aatv.

Look into what other registration options there might be. Down here in Vermont, there are land ATV's, water Boats, and then the not so obvious land or water "Any Surface Vehicle". All have different regulations and registration fees, but the ASV fits an AATV to a "T".

Quote Originally Posted by cabinfevrr View Post
    These are Carlisle tru power 4ply 26x12-12, and on the sidewall it says max pressure 20psi.They're pretty cracked and hard like they're 20 years old, but seem to hold air.

Was looking at tires online, and I can get 6 ITP mud lites delivered for $74 each. One of the reviews was from an Argo user and they said they don't swim very well, but otherwise perform better than runamucks.

I don't imagine my machine will swim much - this province is pretty tree hugger, and it's about a $500 fine for driving "any place a fish could lay an egg"...so crossing creeks is technically illegal. Was looking at officially registering it as a pleasurecraft boat as well, so I could say I wasn't driving, I was boating when I went across the river...but I can't afford the lawyer to fight the inevitable fine and probable seizure of my aatv.
    The Mudlites will also be hard to steer compared to a skid steer tire, they have too much lateral traction and do not allow the tires to slip sideways easily. The Tru Power tires you have on there now will perform just as well as the Mudlites in the mud plus they actually swim quite fast.

Quote Originally Posted by hipowerone View Post
    Look into what other registration options there might be. Down here in Vermont, there are land ATV's, water Boats, and then the not so obvious land or water "Any Surface Vehicle". All have different regulations and registration fees, but the ASV fits an AATV to a "T".
    It's very cut and dried here. It's either a motor vehicle, which is licensed to drive on the road which it can not be, or its an OHV (off highway vehicle), or its a pleasurecraft (boat) . There are no exceptions in the way the law is written, as it specifically includes vehicles with 4 or more tires, low pressure tire vehicles, and vehicles with tracks. The nail that would be in my coffin would be that it is a registered OHV, and you can't drive an OHV anyplace a fish could lay an egg. Man made ponds are ok, the creek in my backyard is ok, because it's actually runoff from my artesian well.

So I'm thinking this max iv isn't going to float too much.

One of the kids that goes to my daughter's daycare, her dad is a natural resources compliance officer (fish and game / conservation officer), and one of his duties would be to enforce the OHV act. I'm going to pick his brain next time I see him.

Did a little tinkering with my max IV yesterday. Replaced the fuel filter, had a good look at chain tensions. I have some work to do!

The story I got was that the chains were all replaced in the fall with 'harley davidson' chains. Anyone with half a mind knows that harley doesn't make their own chain, and most of their models are belt drive now anyway. I believe the story, because based on what I've read, the chains were put on by someone who hasn't read threads here. One of the front chains is singing tight, and the other side hits the belly of the tub when you go over a bump. The rear chains are also quite loose. The primary chains from the T-20 are loose, maybe an inch of deflection, but the rear double nut adjusters are maxed out. On the short primary chains there are 2 master links, so I'm thinking I have to back the adjusters all the way loose, take a link out and re-tension.

This is what happens when you take a max to a Harley dealership to have chains installed, apparently.

+ Reply to Thread