Max Noob - Nova Scotia

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Max Noob - Nova Scotia

Max Noob - Nova Scotia

It's mine. I finally own an amphibious 6x6. 703 kilometres round trip. I'm beat. I traded my 2006 Honda 350 rancher 4x4 straight across for my 1997 max IV. Machine works very nicely, everything is tight, works like I imagined it would. Got home and the throttle cable is frozen. I guess when that's a common problem, it happens, lol.

I joined this site years ago, for research purposes...it took me this long (8 years) to find an amphibious 6x6 I wanted. Thanks admin, for creating a place for a community to flourish. Looking forward.

Congratulations on picking up your Max IV! That was a long time coming. I hope you get the throttle cable free and are able to go out and have some fun with it.

ya, Congratulations , nice looking machine. lots of max ivs have an electric heated throttle cable. You could add one if yours does not have it. Some people put antifreeze into the cable from the top end and then blow it out with compressed air. maybe put more antifreeze or ??whatever in to prevent freezing.

Congratulations. That was a long wait. Now flip them tires around the right way and go have fun.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Have fun with your new machine!

Well, it's cold as frig outside, but I went out and played with the max. Took the cable off the machine completely, coiled it up and laid in front of the fireplace. Wife wasn't impressed. After lunch, the cable was free, so I took it outside and blew compressed air through it - it was full of heavy oil, kind of like fluid film...might have been gear oil. Poured some air brake antifreeze in the cable and blew it out a few times. Put cable back in machine, and used a pistol oiler filled with auto antifreeze to inject in to the cable from the engine end, and when it dribbled down the steering lever I stopped. Reinstalled at the motor, put the floor back together, and drove it all around the yard and through the woods on my backlot. Wife was not impressed, lol. I'm going to have a ton of fun with this thing.

Tomorrow I'm going to get insurance, and get it registered at the DMV.

Let her drive it, she'll be impressed.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

You don't know my wife. She once said to me "why do you have to drive through the woods - why can't you walk or hike?"

My response was "because it's not 1930 and I'm not a hobo".

Opposites attract...

nice lol

Does anyone know the thread size for the wheel lug nuts? Missing one on each front wheel.

You guys weren't kidding about a rough ride. Got my low pressure gauge out and checked the tires. Had to go get my high pressure gauge. They were all sitting over 25psi. No wonder! Aired all the tires down to 4psi, and now it's like riding a marshmallow cloud compared to before.

Went and got the title transferred, plate registered and installed, and now I'm waiting for a call back for insurance. They said they could insure it, just had to do something manually because the max didn't show up in their database.

+ Reply to Thread