Curious and doubt this has been answered already.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Curious and doubt this has been answered already.

Question Curious and doubt this has been answered already.

Ok I saw there is not 1 but 2 sizes of drain plugs. Now I ask WHY? I ask because a decade or so it appeared to only be one size. Is this for any specific reason like model variants or due to skid protection? Just curiousI as it seems odd. Does it mean you have to put a plug in from the inside and then another from the outside? I feel stupid here as this question just flat out seems stupid to even have to be asking.

Where do you see that there are two sizes of drain plugs, on your machine or when trying to order some?

Well I got 2 bags and one says 3/4 and not sure what the other says as my daughter has lost the other on but it is smaller. I know they are both sold on the MAX parts site that is advertising in this site. Check and you will see.

Check your machine. It should be 3/4" size. Use the 3/4" plugs. Easy.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

I use 3/4" live well rubber expandable plugs on my Max IV.
    Borrowing tools is for the weak.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2000 Max IV, 25hp Kohler Command, 26" Titan Tru Power AT's
    1996 Max IV, 18hp Briggs, 24" Serwas
    1998 Max IV (project in waiting)
    1995/1999 Max II, 16hp Briggs, 21" Rawhides
    Hustler 950 (Project in waiting)

Sea Dog T Handle Brass Drain Plug 1" 520080 | eBay

I bought a pair of these 1" plugs and they fit my Max II. These are brass but they're also made in stainless steel.

Funny this topic came up, most of the Max products I have seen (99%) at least use the 3/4" cap plug. However my 1995 Max 2 came with 1/2" cap plugs. I switched it over to the Argo style plastic drain plug system which was $8.00 or so for the Base and the plug, and the benefit of this is that the screw in plug is very neat, and has a t-shaped keeper that will retain the plug even when you loosen it to drain, I have lost a couple though when I forgot to screw them back in, so now drain them, then rescrew the plug, then carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by onefunzr2 View Post
    Sea Dog T Handle Brass Drain Plug 1" 520080 | eBay

I bought a pair of these 1" plugs and they fit my Max II. These are brass but they're also made in stainless steel.
    just like the ones I use except instead of the T handles mine have nuts

+1 I use Argo plugs as well

Interesting, as when bought my used MAX II, I was not sure of drain plug size, so max6x6.com sent me this part K-900 DRAIN PLUG KIT, SIZES 3/4" & 7/8" which has 4 each of 3/4" and 4 each of 7/8" plugs. I have since used the 3/4" plugs.

+ Reply to Thread