MAX II in the Snow

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MAX II in the Snow

Our WX forecast was upgraded at 3:47AM today from a WINTER STORM WARNING to a BLIZZARD WARNING through 11AM Wednesday.....12-20+ inches in forecast with winds 30+ gusting to 45 MPH here in the Champlain Valley of Vermont. Adirondack Mts of New York, and St Lawrence Valley in Canada. Snow started falling about 6:45AM and is coming down fine and steady at a 45 degree angle due to north wind. Combine the winds with temps dropping from 20F down to 5F over night, wind chills will be interesting.

See where VT highway plows are...http://plowtrucks.vtrans.vermont.gov/
    Last edited by hipowerone; 03-14-2017 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Woods View Post
    If it were up to me I'd love to be at a location that you don't have to break a sweat going out to the car, and fight mosquitos nine months of the year. The better half would object as she came from Ohio and couldn't wait to find a warmer climate.
    Smart girl! Look at all the money you save living down here. No heavy clothes, snowblowers, tire chains, heating oil problems, etc. I will admit they have another whole dimension in fun AATV riding though.

[QUOTE=Dozerlarry;212174]
    Quote Originally Posted by garretttpe View Post
    Hi All

below is a link from my ride today.

[url]https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fhuo81h9c516fo8/AADA3Q4rmg

wow! That is a great looking place Larry. I hear North Country Tough is planning an invasion of the US. You might want to move real soon or at the very least put double locks on your liquor cabinet. I imagine the Middle East is a real change from that scene!
    SHHHHH Iam watching every Border Security show on TV to see what we are up against,when we come it will be motorhome with two AATV,s on, Super Duty Henry Built towing a horse trailer looking very much like the mechanized infantry.

[QUOTE=North Country Tough;212321]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dozerlarry View Post

SHHHHH Iam watching every Border Security show on TV to see what we are up against,when we come it will be motorhome with two AATV,s on, Super Duty Henry Built towing a horse trailer looking very much like the mechanized infantry.
    I'm way ahead of you here buddy. I figured the Canadian Army doesn't have tanks and the invasion would be with pull campers and motor homes. If this is in fact true, Florida is already lost to superior forces!

Thanks ALL

well we got about 13 inches last night, unfortunately my sled is put away on the lift and no tracks for the Max, I am leaving in 2 days anyway. they stock about 20k fish a year in the pond, mostly lake trout. the lake I am on is actually classified as a pond, The border is a joke. the 4 wheeler trail going north is actually in Canada, as long as you stay on it then no issue being in Canada. The golf course in my little town is in canada but parking in USA with no border crossing. Google aroostook county golf course in fort fairifeld maine and you will see. We go and eat at the golf course alot ( i dont golf) but the price is good

Aroostook County! Wow, that sounded familiar. Back in the early '60's my brother was stationed at Loring AFB. We took a ride up to visit. That was a trip! Beautiful country though. Just hop and skip to Canada from most places. That is a beautiful lake that you live on Larry. And if they do stock it with fish, that is a no brainer summer camp area. However, owning two buildings on a lake here in VT would set you back some serious tax money. The Government Zealots here in VT consider any 2nd dwelling a luxury, and on a lake, make that 10x. We got about 16"of new snow here in the lower Champlain Valley of VT but my sisters in the Essex area both reported 25". Seems we are getting February weather in March here. Maybe we all should head to FL where the sun always shines, or so they say.

+ Reply to Thread