installing tracks on max2

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: installing tracks on max2

installing tracks on max2

Ok long time lurker first time posting . I gotta a question on installing tracks on 99 max 2 ( 16 horse b/s) as far as i can tell it has solid axles but they're bolted on sprockets not splined i need something for snow as i'm an avid ice fisherman and with these non cold winters i'd like to stay on top so my questions are least expensive way to put tracks on this ? do i need bearing cages/ extensions and were do i get them reasonably , i'll need a complete setup from what i see . i'll research track brand later i've already got a pretty good idea for tracks .

I know very little about tracks, but as far as axles go, yours are likely hollow. Mine were, but I took them out and pushed a piece of 3/4" round steel in each. Had to clean them first though. Put a think rod on a drill, cut a notch in the center of the rod end and put a piece of emory cloth on it so it would spin inside the axle and clean all the rust and junk out
    Meep Meep

Most MAX setups require 21" tires, so if you currently have larger tires than 21" that will be an added cost....there are several options out there for tracks, but many require bearing cages etc. The tracks avail from Richard's Relics Tracks just require the 5" wheel offsets that he sells also. If you are not going to be trying to climb steep snowy or slippery hills or do extreme mudding, these might be your least expensive option.

there was a set of used max tracks and exstensions a few days ago on here. not sure now who it was . maybe check the site or post a wanted. johnboy

I have a nice set of 21" rawhides and rims from my 98 Max II I am willing to trade if you have larger tires.

Max 6x6 sells the complete bearing cage kit for a Max II. Although it's very costly I would not recommend running tracks without it. Another option is to make your own. Check out my thread "enclosed bearing cages" under the Max column.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Canadian Zuk had a completes set of tracks for sale for a Max IV think they can be shortened if needed.

garrett 1308 did you put tracks on yours if so what kind ? did smaller bearings hold up to the tracks ? starting to think that this will be an expensive project if i have convert my driveline over but i like my max2 so maybe i'll go trackless and try to fiquire another way help it out on snow

Probably no one here ever said that putting tracks on an AATV was going to be cheap. I think I remember a "price list" a while back for accessories and I think that the track kit for a MAX II was well over $3500 for tracks, bearing and rail kits...and that was only if you already had the required 21x11.00-8 tires on the system. And given the fact that currently the MAX line is sort of in limbo, who knows if or when tracks will be available again. The future production of MAX is up in the air, and even if they continue, it may be an entirely different vehicle and new tracks may never fit older systems.

No tracks on mine, none of my machines have ever seen snow while in my custody. I just wanted to make sure I didn't bend an axle on my machine when I strengthened them.
    Meep Meep

+ Reply to Thread