Alternative windshield supports

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Alternative windshield supports

Alternative windshield supports

Thanks to member Jezzah, I now have a windshield on the way. Does anyone have a recommendation on something I can use for the side braces/supports? Any ideas appreciated.

Not sure what you are looking for but I found Bimini top hardware on sale/ clearance at a local boat dealer , and made my own windshield here's a link to my gallery ...
    Homemade Argo Windshield and Soft Top - Amphibious ATV Pictures

Good luck and be safe
    bg

I'll check local boat dealer, Jezzah sold me a windshield with the hinge, but I am going to need something to use in place of the bars that hold the windshield in the upright position. OEM unit has bars that go from upper body to windshield frame and stow on upper body side when windshield is folded, I believe.

Go to a marine store and purchase what is needed to make the windshield mount like the current style, be sure NOT to drill the holes THROUGH the GLASS or you'll be buying that also.

If you wish to make it like the older style (which it is) if the loops are on the back and screw holes on are the front, a piece of cable goes on the front with bungee cords on the rear side.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

No need to remove bungees to fold windshield.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Thanks so much Jim, I had no idea there were two methods, guess I'll see if windshield is new or old style and mount accordingly

I used thin wall conduit, also called EMT. Flattened the ends then drill flat areas so they can be bolted to frame and body. That seems to do well. Good luck.

Thank you

That windshield came off of an early 70's Max II but i can't say for sure if it was put on later or not. I hope it works out for you.

I'll make it work

+ Reply to Thread