Oil pressure gauge

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oil pressure gauge

Oil pressure gauge

Call me anal but if it has an engine I like to know what it's oil pressure is. Other than having to order extra line due to the included supply line being too short, this little job could not have been easier. OIMG_4103.jpgIMG_4104.jpgil filter adapter on 16 hp Vanguard even had a tap to remove where oil pressure gauge fitting screwed right in. Low dollars and a small amount of time for a little peace of mind

I am with you there ! What kind of pressure you getting ?

Between 22-25 psi at idle.

Good to know. Thanks

No problem Wedge, don't know if my pressure is good or bad haven't had a chance to research it yet working on installing the bilge pump right now

If you ever have a problem with the line, I've been running electric oil pressure gauges in my old cars for a few years and find them perfectly reliable. It hopefully isn't ever an issue with how you routed the line but it's nice to not have to worry about it cracking.

Thanks for the info. I zip tied my line to my choke cable so it won't get any nasty bends.

I'm with you on the gauges. I installed an electric oil pressure gauge and an electric water temp gauge on my Max IV with a Kawasaki water cooled engine. It runs 50 psi oil pressure with Rotella T-6 5-40 synthetic oil and 200 degrees F. on water temp. Electric gauges are pretty accurate now days.

I like to be able to monitor things so I can head off major problems if possible

+ Reply to Thread