MAX II winch mounts.....pros/cons....designs.......

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MAX II winch mounts.....pros/cons....designs.......

Good thread. Nice fabrication work, men. Some clever ideas.

Looks good.

That looks nice!

MAX II winch

I've attached a few pics of the finished MAX and the trailer purchased for it .The trailer brand is TESKE,featuring a tilting tread plate bed(no annoying top rail or gate ramp),making it perfect for this application. And thanks to all who have commented.DSCN0469.jpg
    Attached Images
    Last edited by 62saab; 04-25-2017 at 10:51 PM.

62saab: your TESKE trailer reminds me much of my 1987 Starlight that I purchased new way back when. It also has a tilt body vs ramp and no top rail, but has numerous channel steel points to attach chains/tie downs or boards for whatever need. I attached some 'expanded steel mesh' for traction on the pressure treated 2x6 deck. I made some stake body sides for it that I use for when I want to haul items that require some more structural containment. I will find and post some photos. I also attached a piece of 4x4 to the front to prevent driving off the front, much like your 2x4 pieces, and a small steel plate to use as a counter balance, that allowed me to tip the trailer and have it remain in the tipped position until I got what I was loading on the trailer. Little did I know back in 1987 that I would one day have an AATV that would fit perfectly on it. For those of us who do not own a pickup truck, one nice feature of using a trailer to haul the AATV is, once at your location, you can hitch trailer to the AATV and use trailer to haul gear into your camp or other location.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by hipowerone; 04-25-2017 at 07:01 AM.

+ Reply to Thread