Max production delay

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Max production delay

Max production delay

Max Production Delays

by admin · April 22, 2017

"We regret to announce further delays in the availability of Max ATV – the transfer of key assets between Muddox Inc. and Mxi has not yet been completed and there is now no prospect of commencing manufacture at our Grand Island facility during 2017.

Some Background.

Recreatives Industries Inc. originated the MAX brand in 1969 and was the owner until selling all MAX assets in late 2013.

Mudd-Ox Inc. was majority owner of the MAX brand and controlled production and sales from late 2013 until late 2016.

Ownership of the MAX brand and all associated assets was transferred from Mudd-Ox Inc. to Mxi in late 2016 as a result of a legal settlement.

Max – A Great Future. On a positive note, our preliminary design reviews of Max have been promising, the underlying design is simple but still fundamentally strong, which is why the basic vehicle has survived more that a decade of inattention and lack of investment. We were deeply concerned to find that there is no documentation relating to changes made in the last 3 years; a dark period in the product’s development history which we are still attempting to penetrate.

The Next Generation. Given the solid (though now somewhat frayed) legacy left by Recreatives Industries we have identified a route-map that will re-introduce Max as a competitive and desirable product with improved design and performance at lower cost. When we are eventually able to set this plan into action Max will re-emerge as a meaningful player in the ATV stage.

The Road Bump. We had expected to be well advanced in our preparations for manufacture of classic and future generation Max by now, unfortunately, despite months of negotiation we still await the transfer of key tooling and product information. We much regret therefore, that Max production remains on hold."

Quote Originally Posted by onefunzr2 View Post
    Max Production Delays

by admin · April 22, 2017

"We regret to announce further delays in the availability of Max ATV – the transfer of key assets between Muddox Inc. and Mxi has not yet been completed and there is now no prospect of commencing manufacture at our Grand Island facility during 2017.

Some Background.

Recreatives Industries Inc. originated the MAX brand in 1969 and was the owner until selling all MAX assets in late 2013.

Mudd-Ox Inc. was majority owner of the MAX brand and controlled production and sales from late 2013 until late 2016.

Ownership of the MAX brand and all associated assets was transferred from Mudd-Ox Inc. to Mxi in late 2016 as a result of a legal settlement.

Max – A Great Future. On a positive note, our preliminary design reviews of Max have been promising, the underlying design is simple but still fundamentally strong, which is why the basic vehicle has survived more that a decade of inattention and lack of investment. We were deeply concerned to find that there is no documentation relating to changes made in the last 3 years; a dark period in the product’s development history which we are still attempting to penetrate.

The Next Generation. Given the solid (though now somewhat frayed) legacy left by Recreatives Industries we have identified a route-map that will re-introduce Max as a competitive and desirable product with improved design and performance at lower cost. When we are eventually able to set this plan into action Max will re-emerge as a meaningful player in the ATV stage.

The Road Bump. We had expected to be well advanced in our preparations for manufacture of classic and future generation Max by now, unfortunately, despite months of negotiation we still await the transfer of key tooling and product information. We much regret therefore, that Max production remains on hold."
    I'm so glad to hear that max is back in good hands. I am so sorry that in the last 3 years someone could destroy the original company so bad. I'm glad you guys are willing to try to bring back a icon of 6x6

Proud Max owner and one who does not mind waiting for good things to come. I think it would be nice for MXI during their evaluation and re-engineering process to open up a chat line to ask those who have owned the machines what improvements would be worth while. That way with a combined effort of those behind the desk pushing and pencil and those out in the field a truly great machine can be reborn.

whipper

Quote Originally Posted by egoperf View Post
    I'm so glad to hear that max is back in good hands. I am so sorry that in the last 3 years someone could destroy the original company so bad. I'm glad you guys are willing to try to bring back a icon of 6x6
    Back in 2013 I clearly recall the thread on 6X6World about Mudd Ox acquiring Recreatives and there were quite a few people bashing Recreatives on here saying how they didn't do anything for the Max brand, they were a lackluster company, Mudd Ox was going to turn this company around and become the savior of the Max brand, etc, etc. But somehow they (Recreatives) ran a good business that paid all their bills on time, had a great reputation with their parts suppliers and customers, and turned a profit. They did this for forty-something years and in that time produced many quality AATVs that are still being used today. That sounds like a good business. Now in three short years the Max brand has been legally transferred into the hands of MXI. I think the facts speak for themselves with this situation. What would all of those who wanted to bash Recreatives have to say about this situation now?
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Did MuddOx also destroy their own brand of aatv during these same three years?
    During the past three years what exactly did MuddOx do to the actual Max machines themselves? Did they lower the quality? Did they go to China for manufacturing? Did they use inferior parts as compared to the originals? Did they "cut corners"?

I doubt any of this. I read here that they mismanaged the business though. Didn't pay the loan, or something.
    Mismanaging a business vs. poor quality of machines are two different things. Am I missing something here?
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

So it sounds like MXI will still produce the classic Maxes? Maybe some upgrades, but you can see the resemblance of the classic Max...I was hoping they would continue to produce the classic look as well as see what they have up their sleeve for the new design. I wish they could give some clues as to the new designs

Well as I went over this it looks to me as the Whole deal is STILL being held up by what is Now a Competing Brand and Company !?!?!
    Just saying it didn't take this long when it went the other way
    And as for the Rec bashing I for one said in the beginning of ALL this that The Max Brand would be run in the Ground By the new owner

I think the main failure on the recent Max company was the product. The same product, less some evolutionary improvements, was in production for 40 years. It's like this, if you can choose a new modern automobile for market value, or choose something produced since 1977, and both cost about the same price, what would you choose? With one, you get a modern design, better overall color selection, and slightly more legroom.

I've always mentioned, the Max line needs modernization. It can use the same drivetrain, just give it a better shape. Maybe even the new and improved t20 transmissions (two speed or more gears) and sleek features like LED lights. Maybe even some colors that a customer can choose. Think how nice it would be to pick your own colors. I have a friend that is an L.S.U. graduate, and he has mentioned several times that as soon as there is a purple and gold machine built, he's buying one.

That concept Max4 8x8 that we have been hearing about for years, should be a big hit. The other part that needs to be addressed is the pricing. The market for UTVs is hot in the $12k-$15k range with hundreds of thousands of machines selling. I read somewhere on this forum that even Argo sells less than a thousand machines yearly, worldwide.

Companies that evolve survive, the ones that don't become like dinosaurs. I don't want the Max line to go away, I've got three machines from them currently. Just get us some new machines.

That's a Very Good point Noel ! But I would think thy would at LEAST try and still sell there tried and true machine's ?

+ Reply to Thread