MAX IIWiring Schematic ,where ??!?!???????

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MAX IIWiring Schematic ,where ??!?!???????

MAX IIWiring Schematic ,where ??!?!???????

Hi All,

Has anyone created one that is comprehensive and actually beneficial to use? The factory examples are great for duplicating a harness as the wire lengths and gauge are provided,but moderately worthless when confirming connection destination points (i.e.,the battery isn't shown in any of the illustrations).

Sam in IN

I rewired my Max II from the two sheet diagram right here, I just used the call out page to locate the components the wires connected to and drew them onto an extra copy of the harness schematic

LW1911 is referring to the manuals page here: Max 6x6 Manuals Just pick the right diagram for your engine and it should have everything you need.

Mike is correct, I got tired of jumping back and forth between the two pages trying to keep component and corresponding wires straight in my head. I just sketched components onto the harness drawing

Mike and LW,as my 'II' is serial number 19xxx,I have been using harness #20080.
    This is the situation,fellas: Upon re-attaching the body top and running the MAX,I noticed the ammeter only indicating a discharge when the lights were turned on;prior to doing all of my work (winch,roll bar,etc.,etc) everything was fine. My initial question(s) regarded the "Q"/white wire. The 'diagram' legend states "to Briggs engine - red into rectifier " and the "Q" wire is one of the two wires in that duplex plug at the engine. However,on my MAX,the other end of the "Q" wire terminates at the battery with a crimped lug to be attached to either terminal or grounded on the chassis. I don't know what the correct connection point is,and I can't determine if the rectifier is dead until I find out.... I have connected the lug to both battery terminals with the engine running-no difference-the ammeter only registers negative with lights ,or neutral w/out lights......I know that the stator is of low output,but there should be a positive charging shown above idle with lights off.

On my Max II the Amp gauge ring connector (which attaches to Amp gauge negative terminal) with two white wires has one wire going to ignition switch and other wire connects to red voltage regulator wire. the amp gauge positive side wire (I) goes to battery positive terminal. the second wire in the duplex plug at engine (M) goes to engine ground

Well,the problem is solved.....further inspection revealed a severed length of white 'Q' wire hiding in the plastic split casing . The other end of the same 'Q' wire wearing that crimped lug (suggesting that it should be attached to a batt. terminal) had been cut for whatever reason( the idiot first owner ). So reattaching the ends restored the proper operation of the ammeter,which now shows the alternator throwing a healthy charge back into the batt. to bring it's level back up. Damn,what an exercise....

Glad you got it sorted out, wiring gremlins are what convinced me to build a new harness for mine, spliced wires changing colors halfway through their run along with scotch locks and electrical tape caused me a lot of grief

Yeah,with a new harness,you know exactly what you have and what it does versus chasing down and confirming things....I made the mistake of assuming that the original harness had not been tampered with,so there fore the problem had to be a component failure.....my goof.

+ Reply to Thread