Max II Greasing Help

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max II Greasing Help

Max II Greasing Help

Fellow 6x6ers, just purchased another Max, this time a 1999 Max II with a track and bearing cages (spacers?) Do I need to remove the track and wheels to grease outer bearings? What is the easiest way to do this? Any help is deeply appreciated. Thanks from a newbie...

I have a Max IV without tracks and I have to remove the wheels to grease the outer bearings

I'm going to go out on a limb, judging from how I have to remove my '99 Max II wheels, that there's no way you'd be able to grease yours with the wheels/tracks still in place. Sorry. But you might only have to do it this way once. You might be able to remove and replace all the straight grease jerks with angled ones. Then use a long flex hose to grease them after that.
    Last edited by onefunzr2; 05-29-2017 at 11:07 AM.

With a long flex hose the outers are reachable with tracks on. Center axle is the hardest. I use a mirror to watch the grease input on that axle. With the extensions on the corners are pretty easy to see. The inboards will require at least a right angle grease coupler. I don't think that year will have any zerks in the sprockets.

On my MAX IV. I pull the center wheels on both sides then I can get to the zerk fittings ok. Then I reach in from the front and the rear to get those grease fittings. I grease them every time I put it in the water and it's a pain in the ass! I thought about pulling out the grease fittings and install hoses then mount the hoses and grease fittings in a central location but My grease fittings appear to be part of the bearing assembly! They are round and have no way to snag a wrench on them. Poor design for sure. I have 2 fittings that I have to use a needle point tip on them to grease them. Make sure you use Marine Grease if she's going floating.

+ Reply to Thread