Max 2 Jackshaft Removal

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max 2 Jackshaft Removal

Max 2 Jackshaft Removal

Having some trouble getting the jackshaft out of my 03 Max. Have all bolts and cotter pins out, but it still wont come out. Looks like there's a shaft through the middle of it that needs pushed out, but I cant seem to get to it without taking the frame out. Any ideas?
    Meep Meep

Not sure if you have done this but the battery has to be removed. There should be a hole for the shaft to slide through. You will have to line the shaft and hole up by adjusting the chain tensioners. That should help hold the shaft in line with the hole when you remove it. If the shaft is not bent and it is lubricated, it should slide out. If the shaft is bent, like mine was, then it will be a bit harder. I had to put a punch in the cotter pin hole and tap/hit it to move the shaft. Once I had it started then I just had to work it by prying, tapping, pulling and just fiddling with it until it came out. If it is too bad there is always the possibility to have to cut it but that is last resort. My Max II is a '99.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod's Max View Post
    Not sure if you have done this but the battery has to be removed. There should be a hole for the shaft to slide through. You will have to line the shaft and hole up by adjusting the chain tensioners. That should help hold the shaft in line with the hole when you remove it. If the shaft is not bent and it is lubricated, it should slide out. If the shaft is bent, like mine was, then it will be a bit harder. I had to put a punch in the cotter pin hole and tap/hit it to move the shaft. Once I had it started then I just had to work it by prying, tapping, pulling and just fiddling with it until it came out. If it is too bad there is always the possibility to have to cut it but that is last resort. My Max II is a '99.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Got it out, shaft is bent. Thank you much
    Meep Meep

+ Reply to Thread