Max II and Max IV Steering

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max II and Max IV Steering

Max II and Max IV Steering

I have a Max II (1999) and a Max IV (2001) and haven't driven them too much yet. My question is: Is it common to apply a little pressure on the left control to keep machines going straight on a level road, or do They need some sort of adjustment? Any help is deeply appreciated. Thanks

Hey Moldman, I don't have a Max machine, but I have a machine with the same transmission. It is difficult to get a machine to run perfectly straight, but it should be pretty close. First, make sure you have the plungers adjusted correctly on the transmission. Next, make sure all 6 tires are the same size with respect to circumference or diameter. Don't rely on air pressure to ensure the tires are the same size. Also, if you are carrying any type of load, including your self, try to keep the weight centered. Extra weight to one side or the other can affect the straightness of travel.

+ Reply to Thread