What RPM Range are You Running?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: What RPM Range are You Running?

what rpm range are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
    Unfortunately the sound on the video is not accurate to what it sounds like in person. The video sounds like it's at idle. At 4k rpms it is screaming in person. I currently have the Tac set at the setting where the spark plug fires 1 time per revolution.

I recently changed the belt to a Carlisle 1042M3 (44-1/8" X 1- 3/16"). I am getting the same results with this belt and the old stretched belt.

Not sure what my next steps should be. Should I try to pry open the primary and secondary? If so, what is the best method to do this?
    Why would you need to have the tachometer"set at the setting where the spark plug fires 1 time per revolution"? on a four stroke 20 H.P. Kohler? I hope someone will help me understand.

Quote Originally Posted by philipatmaxfour View Post
    Why would you need to have the tachometer"set at the setting where the spark plug fires 1 time per revolution"? on a four stroke 20 H.P. Kohler? I hope someone will help me understand.
    The plug fires every revolution.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    The plug fires every revolution.
    Thanks Jim. Can I assume that the tach only counts every other spark?

how do u do that I just installed a vanguard 16 in my max and now are trying to do the throttleset up andwas wondering what was the best way? ty

+ Reply to Thread