1995 Max IV Rebuild

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1995 Max IV Rebuild

1995 Max IV Rebuild

I found this 1995 Max IV on Craigslist a couple week ago in Arkansas, and it was delivered to me in Florida a few nights ago. It's a solid machine, but several little issues (2 broken chains, motor mount grommets disintegrated, and a few other things).

I decided to pull everything out and am spray painting the frame, control levers, lever rods, etc with Rustoleum Rust Reformer since it bonds to the rust and makes a solid finish. For the seat frames, I also painted with Rustoleum rubber spray paint coating on top of the Rust Reformer paint. Now it is very durable, and the metal is protected. I will also recover the seats and make new seats as the wood was rotted too. I'm not sure how far I'll take the rebuild, but at a very minimum, it'll be a nice, solid, reliable machine!
    Ok, here are some pictures from before I received the Max all the way to tearing out everything inside.

Got more pics. I painted the frame with Rustoleum Rust Reformer/preventative along with the levers, all linkages, etc. I also changed the T-20 trans and added some limited slip additive too!

Nice project. Fun to ride.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

U scored a nice Max 4. I bought one in very bad shape and replaced outer frame. I made a mistake and threw away the old frame before I got seat bolt measurements. Can you post front and rear seat bolts measurements? thanks

+ Reply to Thread