Green spring

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Green spring

Green spring

When I switch the yellow spring to green in my driven clutch is there a certain amount I should twist it back up when assembling it? Or just twist it the same amount the yellow unwinds? Or am I looking too far into it and should just bolt it up and use it?
    DanW

Can't seem to find it now, but there was a video I watched before replacing my spring and it said to put 120 degrees of preload on the spring. So basically turn it one button past where the moveable sheave is when it's "at rest" and there is no tension on the spring.

Its one button I've put 2 before on a red spring because I heard it added more delay.

Cool thanks guys, Mike I should've just sent you a message, guess I had my head up my rear again.
    DanW

you will know when you run it. to much twist and it will not shift out and you will have no speed, not enough twist it will shift right out way to early and slip almost. I would start with same amount of twist as your yellow one had and twist one at a time in either direction you might need after that

+ Reply to Thread