Max II cooling fan ideas?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Max II cooling fan ideas?

Max II cooling fan ideas?

I have a 1995 MaxII with a 14hp Vanguard. A member on this site hooked me up with a way to bypass the governor and it really increased the top end considerably (I was averaging 12-15mph and now it runs 25mph plus). Only problem now is with the engine revving higher, the motor gets quite a bit hotter. I was thinking about going to a local junkyard and getting a small electric fan out of a junk car and mounting it to blow air on the motor. Has anyone done this and can you post a picture of how you did it? Thanks, RR

This is what I did with mine, I have not installed a fan yet, I want to draw the heat away from the engine instead of blowing cooler air onto it. My engine shroud does a good job of brining in Cooling air, This does seem to help alot with the heat leaving the engine bay, In addition I want to pipe wrap my exhaust pipes in the tub also

I will try this first and add a fan if it still runs too hot. Wrapping the exhaust is a good idea as well. During the cooler months the heat shouldn't be a problem, but when we rode on Saturday it was around 87 degrees and I was wringing it out pretty good. Thanks for the ideas!! RR

i made a similar '' grill style '' cover for my max 2 that i use in hot weather like garrett did and it helps alot ...... johnboy va.

This is a different application, but it was inexpensive and works very well. I had cooling problems with the BFD after the diesel was installed. In fact, even with the engine cover removed it would overheat in cool weather. The two fans were from ebay and cost about $25, shipping included if I remember right. One blows air in to the front of the radiator and we reversed the polarity on the other to run backwards and draw hot air away from the exhaust side. There have been no more overheat problems. I'd be willing to bet that a similar system would work for the air-cooled Max. [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

I mounted two of those computer fans to draw the heat out of the tub on my Argo bigfoot.

I cut the engine cover and placed expanded metal on it to allow the heat to escape, that worked well and the 18hp in my tan Max2 never overheated again. I live in Texas where it pretty much stays hot.

[/url][/IMG]
    Last edited by Noel Woods; 09-18-2017 at 09:54 PM.

Thanks for all the replies. I am going to try the expanded metal grill first and see if that corrects the heat and if not, I will add a fan. "Don the 2 stroke man" has a nice set up for cooling the motor. I like it. Thanks again. RR

I purchased a SPAL Electric waterproof/dust proof/shock proof fan off of summit racing and wired into my key switch so it is on when the key is on. I have a fan shroud on my passenger side to draw air past motor and the fan helps draw heat from the internal exhaust out of the body. works awesome as my motor ran extremely hot inside the body. Just one fan moves plenty of air. I thought of running two but haven't needed this far. I have attached directly to my expanded metal on the driverside

At bass pro shops I saw an Attwood blower/ fan that was small but looked like it would move allot of air at under 4 amps. I'd use that, it is designed for this kind of application...

+ Reply to Thread