Argo 25x12x9 on Max ll

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Argo 25x12x9 on Max ll

Argo 25x12x9 on Max ll

Looking for something different besides the Aqua Torques 25's on my Max ll. Anybody running the Argo 25x12x9 on a Max ll. I currently have the Argo 24x10x8.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefdiesel View Post
    Looking for something different besides the Aqua Torques 25's on my Max ll. Anybody running the Argo 25x12x9 on a Max ll. I currently have the Argo 24x10x8.
    Did you have to modify the tub at all to get the 24" tires on it? I will be putting new tires on my Max II soon and want to go with the biggest tire possible without modifying the tub. RR

I have run the 24" Argo tires on a Max2 without having to modify the tub. I remember there was clearance left over but I didn't have a set of 25" Argo tires to experiment with on the machine. The 24"s performed well though in the mud, and swam like a fish. In fact it felt like I had an outboard motor pushing me across the lake.

No modifications for the Argo 24's. I want an aggressive mud tire if possible.

Are you talking about the Carlisle tires? If so, they will not fit. Check out this thread: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...es-max-ii.html

The 25" Rawhide III tires will fit if you get the wider 12" version. That's what I'm running on my Max II.

24x11-10 Kenda Bear Claws
    Attached Images

Sorry for the rotated pics!
    Attached Images

The tires look good. I have a couple questions because I will need tires soon.

Have you tried these tires in water (how well do they swim?)

Did you have to do any modification to get them to fit?

hey chief....the tires look really good and you should really enjoy them in the busco mud come april !! my wife ruth really like those orange wheels, the same as my front ones on the half track max 2 highboy. i have a picture she took , so i will get her to post it . have fun.... later , johnboy va.

Quote Originally Posted by Reconrokon View Post
    The tires look good. I have a couple questions because I will need tires soon.

Have you tried these tires in water (how well do they swim?)

Did you have to do any modification to get them to fit?
    I ran Kenda bear claws on my Max IV when I 1st got it. They worked well in mud, were harder to skid in high traction surfaces and did not swim at all.

+ Reply to Thread