Max IV Fuel Filler Cap

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max IV Fuel Filler Cap

Max IV Fuel Filler Cap

Does anyone know the thread size for the Max IV fuel filler cap , i need to find something to fit, as mine is now somewhere in a forest as i forgot to put it back on when checking the level !

Mine was broke and this is what I used as a replacement. Works great.
    https://www.westmarine.com/buy/scept...28?recordNum=9

Quote Originally Posted by Toys4Me View Post
    Mine was broke and this is what I used as a replacement. Works great.
    https://www.westmarine.com/buy/scept...28?recordNum=9

Thanks for that , but it would be too expensive to ship to the UK, if i could get the specs then i could maybe find a cap here ?

I got a replacement at a lawn mower repair shop. It screwed right on but I have no idea what type of threads (metric or American or maybe ?) the cap has. I don't think the shipping would be all that expensive for something that small. I got something off E-Bay from the UK once and it was reasonable.

I am in the EU also. I will check my cap tomorrow. The thread is quite coarse, you could probably screw just about anything that it the right diameter on there.....
    But I will check tomorrow and come back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by eresle View Post
    I am in the EU also. I will check my cap tomorrow. The thread is quite coarse, you could probably screw just about anything that it the right diameter on there.....
    But I will check tomorrow and come back to you.
    Great thanks

So, the actual diameter of the cap at the root of the cap thread is 58 mm (didn't measure the diameter at the crest of the cap thread ) and the distance between the crests of the threads is 5mm as near as I can measure. That is going to be something close to iso 56 or iso 60 in metric threads. Or something close to 2 1/4 inch in UNC. But honestly, at that thread size and diameter anything that is close will screw down tight! Remember whatever you find will need a vent or pinhole of some kind to stop the tank forming a vacuum.
    The tank cap on my ride on mower looks close but I couldn't try it as it is chained to the mower.

Any outboard fuel tank cap should work.

Wild guess... Perhaps a cap from a snow-go (snow machine)? Any of those over in the EU?
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

+ Reply to Thread