Hi from new UK member

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hi from new UK member

This is a picture of my new toy, serial number 18188 which i believe dates it to about November 2001?

You can see the roll bar i'm trying to disconnect, It's easy enough to unbolt the front and rear stays but I presume I need to reach through the engine hatch and take out the four internal bolts that hold the main hoop onto its mountings?
    If I then disconnect the fuel hose and loom to the battery, I presume the body will then just lift off?

Cheers,

While I am not sure how the "previous owner" connected/constructed the roll cage add on, the factory original roll bar (hoop just behind driver seat) is an integral part of the top half...that is, it fastens/is bolted to a metal plate just behind the driver seat back. Thus,when loosening all the wing nuts, the whole top half, roll bar included, will tip up from the rear....and there is/should be a metal hoop that is attached to the bottom rear that will tip up and can be used to support the top half while working on the engine/interior area. It is quite possible that all the add-ons are also just attached to the top body half. Take a chance....normally the whole top half is not removed as that does require disconnecting both gas tank and wiring. Try this first and let us know how it works for you

Thanks for the tips, very helpful, I'll give it a go when I get some time and see how I get on.

Hi Guys
    How do you post a picture on here?
    Thanks Richie

Hey Richie,
    If this works, it will explain how.

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/chit-...-pictures.html

Thank will give it a try.������

[/IMG]

No luck������trying to post 5 pictures ☹️

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Omg��How did that picture end up their!��Trying to put 5 pictures on the thread .������

+ Reply to Thread