Hi from new UK member

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hi from new UK member

Hi from new UK member

Hi,
    Just picked up a 2001 Max 2 today and as i'm completely new to all things with these machines, I have a couple of initial questions, (Once I start looking over it i'm sure there will be many more!).

The engine is a Kohler unit but is there an easy way to identify which one so I can order the right parts for it?

Also, are there any other UK based members on here who could point me in the right direction of any UK spares availability or will I need to order all parts from the USA?

Many thanks,

Ian

I am not aware if there was ever a DEALER in the UK. However, even here in the states, with the very uncertainty of the MAX line, parts are now in question. Many parts, such as bearings, chains, basic hardware, and engine parts are available from other sources. Parts specific to the MAX line are avail from only 1-2 places here, and the supply line is dwindling. The RUMOR that the MAX line was going to be revived and with that, parts, by a UK entity, have not seemed to develop much beyond the rumor. If you hear of anything along that line, please give this forum a shout out.

Thanks for the replies, looks like my best bet will be to order parts from the states whilst I can.
    From your experiences, are there any Max specific parts that I should be stocking up on whilst they are still available?
    Thanks,

Contact member Wiggy on that side of the pond who also has a II, perhaps he has some leads for you.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Thanks Jim,

Tried to PM him but his mailbox is full so will just have to hope he reads this.

Cheers,

Rodp is an argo owner over there also.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Thanks Jim,

I have identified the engine it is a Kohler Command 25HP, which seems a pretty large engine for a 6 wheel Max? Presume it was a top option at the time of order as the date stamps on some of the engine components tie up with the manufacture date of late 2001.

Hi Guy
    Very sorry been mad busy with work and DIY in the house, not even been on my Max II since June ��������
    And still have work to do on both of them.
    Hi Ian, yes I am here in Preston, Lancs. sorry about mail box but it's full of good stuff I got from these great and very helpful members on here. ��
    Thanks Richie.

Hi Wiggy, I know the feeling about work and DIY, i'm in the middle of a barn conversion!
    I have just ordered an engine service kit and will be aiming to service it in the next couple of weeks.
    Do you have any tips about what to disconnect to get the body off or is it just a matter of working round it and looking for any wires etc that need to be unplugged?
    I'm just trying to work out how I get the rollcage off!

+ Reply to Thread