Bringing Max IV back to life- lack of power issue

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bringing Max IV back to life- lack of power issue

I am not sure if this helps, but from MAX6X6 Site....would be better knowing the year of your machine, clutch type or getting input from another MAX IV owner.
    MAX Belt Quick Reference Sheet

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6d...VSeG1qakE/view

Well well.... Took it out hunting and it sounded a slight bit different but really no improvement at all. So, took it to a good buddy of mine who wrenches for a living and he tore it down, finding a bent and out of position cam rod that had been in there mucking about. Compression test revealed that cylinder was toast.... Ripped out that engine and buying a new one tomorrow to throw it, 22hp so.that will be nice. Found a rear sprocket on main chain out of alignment and teeth chewed away, ordering some.new parts... Hopefully this will be the beginning of better times for this Max IV.
    To have adventures, you must go places where adventures can happen.

Hi, I'm in the end struggles of and engine swap from a B&S Vanguard 18hp to a Predator 22hp and everything has gone really smooth until we got to the wiring,.. we're stumped.
    Lots of wires that we can't identify what they are are how they are wired in, like the solenoid green/yellow wires that come from near the carb..

I know quite a few of you have done this conversion and I'd really appreciate some guidance on how to wire this thing.

Notes- the holes mounting the engine to the engine stand matched up, putting the clutches at proper distance and alignment. The muffler points forward but we made a pipe to run it to the rear.

So close! Thanks for the help

The fuel solenoid wires have to have 12v applied to open it for fuel flow. I removed mine, just unscrew the solenoid remove needle throw away and reinstall solenoid. No 12V required.

Thanks for the email with the diagram Teddotson!

I am back in business, in a HUGE way... this thing is a beast. The only issue we ran into was the wiring between the Max IV and the Predator, everything else was simple and direct fit although the muffler needed to be modified to point backwards. This thing is now very fast and climbs hills with hour people without issue. Just need to eventually fix a bent axle and replace all the chains and sprockets and this will be perfect.

Great to hear! take some after pics and videos!

What pic/vid host are you guys using to link pics to here? I used photobucket and it doesn't show but an ad for hosting... that site has gone downhill so much with all the pop up adverts..

I just post videos to Youtube, and link.

+ Reply to Thread