Need some input on 6x6

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need some input on 6x6

Need some input on 6x6

Hi everyone! I am brand new to 6x6's and am actually looking to purchase my first one. I live in SC and they seem like they will come in handy with all the swamps and flooding that we have had recently, especially during deer season !!

After a little searching i have found one locally. It is a Max IV. From the few pictures i have gotten it looks pretty bare bones and is missing the engine cover. The owner said he thinks it is an early 90's model but never looked up the serial number to verify. He said the engine was originally a 16 hp but was replaced with a 22hp.

Long story short the guy wants around 2k for the 6x6? Does that sound pretty good? I dont want to get into something i cannot get out of in case it doesnt work where i want to go like i picture it will haha. I imagine they arent the easiest machines to sell, kind of a niche market.

P.S. tried to upload pictures but not the most computer savvy...

hey friend..welcome to the site. max 4 are nice machines. very popular . the 22 h.p. is a nice addition if it runs well . in terms of price , it all depends on how good of shape it's in. if you can go inspect it that's the best . main things to check are ;; the body in good shape..no big holes. drive train...axle bearings good . only way to tell is to raise the wheels and move them side to side . raise the top of the body and look good at the chains and sprockets ( wear, etc. ) also if you drive it does the tranny shift well into forward and reverse. does it turn good, etc. these are just a few things. others on here will add some more . they are very capable machines and general maintenance can keep them that way. good luck..let us know how it goes. johnboy va.

I appreciate the advice! I will definitely be test driving the machine before i pay for it. He did mention yesterday he had been through the transmission, and replaced some wear items such as bearings, seals and tires. The owner is a motorcycle mechanic so i believe it is in decent mechanical shape, body looks fair and he said it floats so that's a plus! Battery is weak because he does not use it much and carb may need to be cleaned. I guess I will know better once the flooding goes down around this area and I am able to go take a look at it (still in bad shape from the flooding where Im at).

I did see where there is a group meet at Busco Beach first weekend in October. If i can get this deal closed by then you can count me in! Im only about 3 hours from there.

BDSA, We always love to meet new members at the rides at BUSCO BEACH. Hope you can make it.

bd...it sounds like it could be a good machine and since a bike mechanic owned it...he has keep it up pretty well . maybe ask him to check the carb before you go drive it so it's running well because you want to use it soon. hope it works out and you can join us at busco beach. there will be other max 4 owners there, so some good info to be had. johnboy va.

+ Reply to Thread